As I start my first full school year in Saudi which will likely be 9-10 months, I kept thinking about how this gift of time is in preparation for something beautiful just like pregnancy, and each month, many changes are happening. What will God manifest? What will He give life to? Let’s watch what happens…
1. When I returned to Saudi, to no fault of mine, I didn’t have a job secured-told y’all this was the year of the discomfort zone!
2. I love where I’m working and what I’m doing right now!!! I’m growing, being challenged and stretched. Look at God!
3. I feel famous when Travel Noire or an Instagram travel site features me! ha! It’s been a great platform for me to share more info with others.
4. Joined the cleanup crew at church. I bring my own gloves-typical A move!
5. Making a list of SMART goals is easier than the execution…still on it though!
6. I’m being challenged to grow in the discomfort.
7. Y’all get excited for the Jewish holidays, but I’m hype about Eid-Al-Adha! 11 days off cheah!! Eid Mubarak to the bros and sis’!
8. Grateful and praying for the country I live in right now. Its opened doors to so much for me! Testimony in progress.
9. My homemade lentil soup is pretty darn good (and not just I said it!! lol)
10. Pre-planning food, clothes, and lessons for the week makes me feel like a responsible adult-weird.
11. I take for granted that I’m a native English speaker, but to people around the world, it’s a huge deal!
12. Yemeni pomegranates yaaaassssss!!! And for about $.050??!!! How much y’all pomegranates cost??!! oh. 😛
13. I’m a BK girl in a Saudi world. People say its the way I walk, talk, etc. Back home some of my people (side eye!!) would say I’m not from BK (cuz I’m kinda quirky and stuff lol) but here? Notsomuch.
14. It’s like God gave me this gift of pausing time for me to catch up on something! I’m happy being here, right now, in this moment.
15. Shopping trips have to be planned around prayer time and that can try one’s (okay my) patience.
16. I have to be in bed by 9pm to get my full 8 hours, hasn’t happened yet, but God willing, it shall!!!!
17. Change happens. Get comfortable with it! lol, but how???!!!
18. I love the clarity that comes with being a woman of a certain age 😉 I feel it!!!
19. ‘In everything there is a season and a time.’ God reminded me this as my people back home recently experienced loss and are going through. Praying.
20. By the time this reaches you, God willing I’ll be coming back from Ethiopia (remember, Eid break)!!!…What will I have to share in October??!!