1. Had one page left on my passport (Eph 3:20)!! Handled that! I gotta see y’all at some point!
2. In reference to my travels, was asked ‘where haven’t you been??!’ Crazy because I don’t think I’ve seen a lot, yet people often see you differently than you see yourself.
3. The okeydoke is being invited to Thanksgiving dinner to arrive and find out everyone has to cook it. #wheretheydo… Made for good times tho!
4. He who finds a wife finds a good thing-God ain’t never lie!!!
5. I doubt leaving the house before 6am will ever get fun for me, help me in my unbelief Lord!
6. My church fam out here really check on folk-thankful my EBC foundation set the standard.
7. I feel very connected to the movements back home. Figuring out my role!!
8. God is teaching me the importance of balance in this season, but the strug has been real.
9. The Princess Souk-aka flea market in Saudi Arabia is quite an experience-great deals, but bring your box cutter.
10. Trouble really don’t last always, but neither does happiness. For me? It has to be the joy and peace of The Lord!!!! Traveling solo is making me see faith in a new way.
11. Yup! The honeymoon’s definitely over. Still…would NEVER take this journey back!
12. I was concerned that my students weren’t really getting it/getting me, then the midterm happened and I was pleasantly surprised.
13. Two words that may try your nerves when you’re NEXT in line out here…’After prayer.’ ‘Whaaaaat???!!!! We still got 10 minutes!!!’ Lol, sorry I digress.
14. Umm Saudi gets cold y’all (not NY cold, but) I’m bout to buy a space heater!
15. Thankful I was raised in a place with proper drainage systems. Rain/flooding out here is super dangerous!!!!
16. In life you will disappoint and be disappointed. Thankful for Jesus tho!
17. Talking to two friends back home recently was like eating a good home cooked meal! A fulfilling place! Don’t be fooled, I need y’all!
18. I’m in a place where people have never witnessed the 4 seasons of the year. It’s Saudi winter, summer and khalas! (pron. Ha-Las=finished)
19. The compound life/social scene out here gives me a college vibe-I’ll pass thanks.
20. I don’t think I have a metro card for when I get back home. Am I gon need to ask for a swipe? How much is the fare + card now??!! I know, tomorrow has enough worries of its own, but typical A! 😛