Of course I’d throw a rap reference in my title! Anyway, nearing the close of my FIRST everything overseas! So here’s to December…
1. I miss walking freely, but wonder if I’ll walk slower (those who know…)when I get back home.
2. Re: the items I couldn’t take on the plane in February, Ms. Hill summed it up, ‘thought what I wanted was something I needed.’ I didn’t NEED any of it.
3. I’m not with structured prayer time if you ain’t tryna live right outside those times…
4. Big/small, everyone has a role to play. #justice
5. No matter how far you try to go, God will be there, making sure you confront your issues 😉 (or maybe just me?)
6. I don’t have anything to prove being on this journey. So whether it was one day or one year, I succeeded.
7. I couldn’t picture December when I first arrived and here we are.
8. This blog (as late as it is at times) is one thing I have consistently followed through on, big step for me.
9. Nothing like an African baby dedication!! I need that in my life!!!
10. Love church out here, but still wondering why service is 3 hours??!!!
11. Had my first Eritrean wedding experience! Different, cultural, beautiful, grateful.
12. My first (yes, I been a late bloomer) baking experience was banana bread and it was quite edible!
13. I went in traditional Ethiopian dress for the Military Christmas Ball. I said I was running my own race!
14. Some experiences you can’t put into words, like this Christmas! Unforgettable in a beautiful way!
15. I still need my people from back home.
16. I underestimated how awesome this year was for me, till one day I looked at my pics. Sometimes it’s hard to see the beauty when you’re in it, but we gotta take a moment.
17. As IMPERFECT as it is, I am so grateful to be born in the USA. I now recognize there is privilege (and for me, responsibility) that comes with the blue passport. I don’t want to take that for granted.
18. I pray that I’ll continue to follow God’s lead when I return to familiarity.
19. Witnessing loving, God centered families at church warms and encourages my spirit.
20. Nervous, excited, prayerful, trusting, wondering…about what God, in 2015, will bring!