1. No camel kicks or desert bbqs, but a beautifully, simple birthday was had! 4/4 Baby!
2. There was an eclipse on my birthday and a stranger sang to me-the little things!
3. You get what you pay for, like the $8 facial I got in Thailand-Johnson& Johnson products tho?! At least there was no skin whitening ingredients! I know how Asia do!
4. The last week of my CELTA course was tough for me; something about seeing the finish line but not yet touching it.
5. I always get nervous about leaving a familiar place and figuring out how to navigate the next, but I’ve been doing it for a few min now, so Ima keep going.
6. People want to be heard, I need to take time to listen.
7. The only thing I knew for certain last February was I’d be in Saudi Arabia. A lot can happen in 365.
8. Streaming my home church on Resurrection Sunday-comfort food!
9. Still pressing toward the mark of completing the Old Testament by the time I come home (let’s see where I am by the time I release this…*Isaiah, still encouraged!)
10. I’m clear, God is always with me! Physically doing it all solo gets frustrating at times tho.
11. Grateful for consistency in friendships! The people I expected to hear from-I did, and even people I didn’t expect to hear from, checked on me-thank y’all!
12. Met a man from Alaska who killed a grizzly bear, a woman who lives on a boat, and an undertaker!!!!!! My life??!! Did you know they’re allowed to kill 2 grizzlies/year in Alaska??! And there’s more Grizzlies than people in certain areas-no and thank you.
13. Machu Picchu-I said I would and did, praise and glory to God!
14. My interactions with white/European people stand out as some of the worst parts of my overall experience. Honest.
15. There’s something I love, yet is very uncomfortable about a place that speaks no English and you’re forced to speak the native language-Gracias Peru!
16. Madrid was cool, but I realized in my travels I’m not moved by big cities-hek, I’m from the best big city there is 😉
17. When people ask you for directions in Spanish and you front like you know what you’re talking about ✋🏿
18. In need of a makeover when I get home (the backpacker, nature lover look ain’t cute, plus I’m older) but Damali said “rustic” is cool so take it easy on me y’all! 🙂
19. While I’m in Cusco, Peru complaining cuz I’m freezing, a friend shared some challenging responsibilities she was met with back home. Perspective. Don’t know what’s waiting for me on the other side, but trusting God will prepare and equip.
20. Turbulence on a plane will remind you who controls your destiny! Psalm 56:3
8 thoughts on “April-Month 8-Almost Due!”
So very happy for you! Congratulations on eight months! Welcome home! #17 though?! Lol #19 Amen & Amen. #7, you ain’t lying! #2 that’s super sweet! #3 Hilarious!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you always for responding! Girl, I was like Karissa coulda did my facial! Lol! And yeah I was tryna front w my Spanish skills! 😛
April!!!! Reading this made me feel happy, proud and blessed all at once! You did it! You totally rock and you continue to inspire me. From the day we spoke at boot camp until now. ☺️ … So I happened to see a picture of you and Ms. Diane up…. I had no idea you were home!!! Yay!!! I imagine there is a looonngg list of people lined up to connect with you, but don’t forget me as your making your rounds! Can’t wait to catch up and hear all of your amazing stories. Love ya!
I will always be grateful for your love, encouragement, and support! I asked your hubby about you the other day! Much love always!!
I love reading a post that makes individuals think.
Also, thank you for enabling me to comment!
Loved reading this post. SO?! Did you get through the old testament?? #20 though :-|…
LikeLiked by 1 person
Still pressing my way through…isn’t that life though?!
#15 makes for the most memorable moments! Love spending time with my Chinese family! They are hilarious!